For full disclosure, I've had a budding obsession with NastyGal since summer 2010 when I ordered this insanely chic vintage sheer black dress for $58 (+ free shipping...cheeyea!) and wore it, I don't know, everywhere. In addition to vintage, NastyGal sells off-the-rack "streetwear-inspired staples" like demin cutoffs, ultra-fem bodysuits, knock-out jewelry and on-trend footwear to boot (GET IT?).
Every month, the e-retailer releases a monthly lookbook, and though they're usually filled with tons of color and pattern, June's photos look a little less kaleidoscope and a little more model-off-duty. Still, there's always something to learn from a popular retailer's lookbook. Here's what NastyGal taught me this month:
1. Above-the-knucke rings are a thing, especially after Kristen Stewart was spotted with a cage ring on the MTV Movie Awards red carpet this past weekend. As someone who pretty much always dons at least half a dozen rings at a time, I'm down for this trend.
2. Sandy butts are the best summer trend, save for above-the-knuckle rings. Gisele really sparked a trend with her June/July Vogue cover.
3. 'Merica! With the Fourth of July quickly approaching, we can certainly expect to see more stars and stripes and ass cheek-revealing cut-offs. If anyone has a bit of time of their hands and would like to bedazzle mine with some studs, tweet me!
4. Bondage, marijuana and the anti-Christ are in. Also, it's 2004.
5. Visors will never, ever make a comeback. Sorry, NastyGal.
Take a peek at the lookbook below and tell me, which summer essentials are you looking to rack up? Shop the photos here.